Corona (COVID-19) safety measures for your tennis club
The following rules of conduct and safety measures are guidelines and recommendations that we have drawn up from various sources and guidelines. They should help your tennis club in handling the current corona (COVID-19) pandemic. The responsible operator can copy these and adapt them for their own purposes.
For the operation of tennis facilities during the global corona pandemic, we defined three areas, for which the following rules of conduct and safety measures are relevant.
- Club Operation
- Game Operation
- Training Operation
The club board members, but also each individual member, are responsible for being compliance with the rules listed below.
- Every club must display house rules with the Covid-19 rules of conduct and safety measures. People who violate the house rules are to be expelled from the facility.
- The general government guidelines must always be complied with (minimum distance rule, restriction of gatherings of people).
- Mouth and nose protection must be worn in the indoor customer area (secretariat / office, club room / home, indoor sports facility / cloakroom, …). No mouth and nose protection are necessary while exercising.
- The provision of disinfectants and / or disinfectant dispensers at heavily frequented areas of the system and on the squares is recommended.
- It is recommended to provide special playing times and / or tennis courts for the risk groups.
- It is recommended to set up an electronic tennis court occupancy system. If this is not possible, it must be ensured that possible physical contact with other people is avoided when reserving the seats.
- We recommend a documentation (schedule) of the daily operations for each club.
- Benches or seats are to be positioned with a sufficient safety distance – at least 2 m.
- Persons who do not actively play tennis are only allowed to stay on the facility outside the tennis court.
- Group gatherings outside the tennis court are permitted with an appropriate safety distance (1m rule).
- A COVID-19 prevention concept should be worked out and implemented at the following events: indoor from 50 people, outdoor from 100 people.
- A COVID-19 officer should be designated for events with over 50 people in closed rooms and over 100 people in the open air.
- Every player participates in the game at his own risk.
- In the case of a double game, it is essential to ensure that people who do not live in a shared apartment complex keep the prescribed minimum distance (2 m). The 2 m distance may exceptionally and briefly be undercut during sport.
- Side changes must be carried out with a sufficient safety margin. Physical contact between players (shake hands etc.) is to be avoided.
- Personal items such as clothing, towels, beverage bottles, etc. must be kept in the bag.
- The playing field should be cleaned and vacated in good time (approx. 5 minutes) before the official end of the game to avoid contact with the next players as far as possible.
- It is recommended to clean the tennis court bench and the trawl net or broom with disinfectant before use.
- Spitting on the tennis court is prohibited.
- Buffer zones (“waiting area”) for changing players must be set up and observed – see the following graphics.
- The players come onto the field with a sufficient safety distance (2 m).
- Disinfectants are provided on every training ground (disinfect hands before and after the game).
- Balls are collected through collecting tubes whenever possible to avoid contact with the ball. The collecting tubes must be disinfected after each training session.
- Physical contact between players and between players and coach is to be avoided. The 2 m distance may exceptionally and briefly be undercut during training.
- Benches or seats are to be positioned with a sufficient safety distance of at least 2 meters and, if possible, disinfected after each training session.
- Training is to be carried out in all age groups as individual training or in small groups with sufficient distance as a station. Aids should be used to maintain physical distance.
- Aids may only be touched by the coach.
- Several groups with up to 10 people per seat can train next to each other in one hall. Mixing of these training sessions or pairings must be ruled out.
Any liability on the part of Court Reservation or Webmühle e.U using the rules of conduct and safety measures is excluded.